Wednesday, July 21, 2010

People who DONT want the help

I have encountered all kinds of people from different ethnic backgrounds, ages, sexual orientations in this line of work. But it's in my own personal life that i became baffled a short time ago. When  I encounter a client, we discuss the situation. We discuss the options. We find a solution and we begin working on a better tomorrow. Not this time. This is a (friend of mine and i use the term losely) I've known this person for quite some time. This person has had a very rough life.  Family abandonments. Drugs. You name it this person has been through it.  This person has a good heart, COULD be intelligent but chooses to be reduced to ignorance.  Does not want to learn about NOTHING. If a show on television is turned on where you can learn something, she will change the channel She says "this is why i didnt like school i don't like to learn, i can't stand that  crap" Person is always talking about she's judged and no one likes her nor trusts her.

I gave this girl a chance, I took her into my life. Helped her get on her feet. cleaned her up, off the drugs quite a bit.  Then we started talking about things that happened and why she has been so angry at the world lashing out and just saying things to hurt people around her. She said.  I need help, I know i need psychological help. FINE! So, I bring it up.. I said "If you really want the psychological help, I'll arrange for you to be able to see a Psychologist. I will even pay for it, if you need me too"  She takes a long pause.... She looks up, at me and she says.....

"I know I need the help, but I don't fucking want it... fuck it.. fuck it... fuck it...."

You can Imagine the look on my face? I was feeling a lot of emotions but confusion was the one taking over, I asked her.  Why wouldn't you want the help, when you know You need it? She tells me, she does not mind the pity that she gets and that she's born to be a fuck up, so the hell with it?
I closed the chapter right there, some people might be like omg! you really should have kept helping this person. she just really needs help, shes afraid, she's this and she's that. NO.

What this person is, is SELFISH.   We all know some people like that.  They will take, abuse and use you as much as they can with the show of "im changing and i want help" but as soon as help is on the way they turn things around and just love being miserable and using their past as a crutch. Nothing will ever change. 
Sometimes, no matter how much we love the person (family member, lover, friend) We have to cut them out of our lives before they bring us, down with them

No comments:

Post a Comment